Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Future

A few nights ago, as I was finally getting to bed (way later than I had planned) I started to think about the future of this country and all the prophecies that are slowly but surely coming to pass as told in Revelation and all throughout the Bible. As I considered how fast the end times are coming, and the uncertainty and fear that will be throughout the Earth, and all the persecution and difficulties the church and Christians will face, I began to get fearful and worriesome. Now I'm not one to get worried easily, but when I consider the future, it's not hard for me to get anxious.
So I lay there in my bed thinking and thinking and thinking, and worrying and worring and worrying, till I knew there was no way I was going to fall asleep at that rate. Earlier, right after the election, I had found an encouraging scripture, so I decided to search through Psalms till I found it.
I found way more than I had expected to.
Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8,& 11-12
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard, that You, O God, are strong, and that You, O Lord, are loving. Surely You will reward each person according to what he has done.
Psalm 103:1-4
Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise His Holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not His benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and who crowns you with love and compassion.
Psalm 112:4, 6-7
Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
By the time I had found the one I was looking for, I hardly needed it.
Psalm 146
Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they will return to the ground; on that day their very plans will come to nothing. Blessed is he whose trust is in the God of Jacob, whose help is in the Lord His God, the maker of heaven and earth., the sea, and everythng in them - the Lord, who remains faithful forever. The Lord sets prisoners free. the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but He frustrates he way of the wicked.
Then of course there's Romans 8:28 which promises that God will always work for the good of those who love Him.
Pinned Image
This picture perfectly describes how I felt that night. He is faithful. And no one, not even the government, can dictate my future but Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment