Saturday, December 22, 2012

Different

What if we looked at our lives differently?
I think in this westernized American culture, we tend to complain a lot. If we don't do it out loud, it's under our breath or in our attitudes.
I make lists a lot. It helps me sort out my thoughts. So every noght, I make myself a to-do list for the next day, so I can make sure I get everything done. One night as I was making my to-do list, I was feeling like, well, complaining. My list looked something like this:
-Shower
-Quiet Time
-School
-Chores
-Clean the House
-Practice Violin
It's not a very long list, but I didn't really feel like doing any of this. At all. But the Holy Spirit challenged me to write it like this:
-I get to get up and take a hot shower
-I get to spend time with my King and Best Friend ever
-Then I get to have an education, unlike millions of girls my age worldwide.
-I will then help take care of the house that I am privileged to live in.
-Then I get to worship my King by playing my best on my violin
It makes my life seem a whole lot better, doesn't it? I think this is the way God intended for us to see our lives all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment