Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Reality Check

The day after tomorrow my 2 brothers and I will be heading to Baja California, Mexico on a mission trip. This will be my 3rd mission trip, including a past trip to Mexico. Last night I was getting really excited to go.
Like, I think someone would've thought I was hyperventilating. I was so excited.
Then the Holy Spirit hit me with a reality check.
Are you excited for your sake or Mine?
Are you excited for your own good or for My people's good?
Are you excited because of the things YOU'RE going to experience and the people YOU'RE going to see and the things YOU'RE going to do and the people YOU'RE going to reach?
...when really you should be excited about MY people being reached and what I am going to do and who I will touch and how I am going to change you.
Talk about conviction!!
Lord, help me to stop focusing on myself and to see through Your eyes. Help me to focus on Your people and sharing Your love. Remind me that I fundraised not for myself but for the people You love whom You have called to your service.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment