Thursday, December 20, 2012

Grace

You know every dark corner of my heart. You know every evil intention, every time I try to look good instead of trying to serve You. You know when I secretly despise You; You know when I don't want to do anything you ask of me. You know that in my heart I don't believe You actually see any of this; and I think I can continue to keep it a secret, down in the basement of my heart.
But You love me too much for that.
So You will go into the deepest corner of my heart and rip out every evil part of me. It will hurt. I will scream, and kick, and cry as You do. I will tell You I hate you and turn my back on You. But even as I do all of this, You will continue, and as You take out every part of me that is despicable, You will place it on Yourself. You will take all my dirtiness, and put it on Yourself.
You love me THAT much.
I will finally be clean. And we will be together.
And I know for a fact that I will fail again. And you will take it on Yourself, despite my kicking, screaming, fit.
But Your grace.
Your grace.
It covers me.

1 comment: