Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tangible Love

God is so faithful. I say it so often it sounds redundant but really, for lack of a better and stronger word, He is faithful. Nothing could really describe Him, nothing can ever really capture what He does for His children.

It's starting to really hit me that I'm moving to Texas in August. I'm starting to realize what it implies, and it's stirring two different reactions: excitement and sadness. I am really excited to go to Texas and seek what God has for me; I've known Teen Mania for a long time and I know that the Honor Academy will grow me in ways I never imagined possible. I'm also starting to realize that I am moving across the country and that means that I won't be able to see my closest friends and family everyday anymore. I wrote a lot about this in my last post. I say to Him, "You are worth it," because He is. He is proving to me over and over and over and over and over and over that He would never call me to something that He wouldn't walk through with me.

Recently He has given me these scriptures and songs:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:9-10

Called Me Higher by All Sons and Daughters

Counted the Cost by Rend Collective Experiment

He is Faithful by Brian and Katie Torwalt

Never Once by Matt Redman

Your Hands by J.J. Heller

If you have a chance, look up these songs. They are so Spirit-filled, and give me so much hope.

Here's a testimony about His faithfulness: Saturday night I had stayed up too late reading (as usual) and eventually had gotten to thinking about moving. I started to cry, thinking about everything that I'm leaving behind. God comforted me and I stopped crying, but I could feel it like a burden. I decided to check my Facebook before going to bed, and someone had posted "The valley of weeping is a place where we do not dwell but pass through to the heights! What a hopeful thought!" I went to bed in peace, knowing that He is with me. Then, the next morning in church, I turned around after worship, and there, sitting on my chair was a brand-new book that I have been waiting to read for almost two months. In it was a note from my former children's pastor, encouraging me to continue following God and doing what He says. It may sound dumb but that was one of the most touching gifts I have ever received, simply because it was God reaching down to me through her just to say that He cares. Pastor John's sermon was about Hope, how it is the knowing that tomorrow will be better than today.

His love for me that day was so tangible I could almost reach out and touch it. In fact, I could, in the form of a book. He is faithful. He won't call me anywhere that He won't walk next to me the whole entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment