Saturday, December 28, 2013

Covenant Ring

When a young woman finds a man with whom she is in love, she pledges herself to marry him. She takes his name and leaves her family and her home to live with him. She makes vows to never leave him, and to be faithful despite any circumstances that may arise. As a symbol of their covenant of love and faithfulness, they exchange rings. 

I don't wear a purity ring. I wear a covenant ring. What's the difference? A purity ring represents a young woman's or young man's promise to stay sexually pure until marriage. A covenant ring represents a young woman's or young man's marriage covenant with God. With this ring, I promised to stay faithful to God, pursuing and seeking Him first {Matthew 6:33}. I promised to follow Him wherever He leads, despite any circumstances that may arise. I promised to wait, both sexually and emotionally, for the man with whom He will join me according to His perfect plan. My maker is my husband and my lover {Isaiah 54:5}, and He will give me a new name {Revelation 3:12}.  His love is perfect, and I will give Him my entire heart until and even after He sees fit to bless me with a man who seeks God more than he pursues me.

No comments:

Post a Comment