Friday, December 27, 2013

GRACE

God's grace really is amazing. It's not just a cliché. Every time I think I have my mind wrapped around the craziness of God's grace, He goes further and deeper than I thought possible. Take for example Nehemiah 9.  I have been reading through the Bible this year (successfully this time!) and Nehemiah is one of the last Old Testament books that this plan has me read. Throughout the whole Old Testament, we see Israel fall time and time and time and time and time and time again. There are a bunch of Old Testament prophet books in which God is warning the Israelites to turn from their sin. It's hard to get a picture of the whole story all put together of the Israelites and God, but Nehemiah 9 does so beautifully. At this point, you can go ahead and grad your Bible and read that. (I would type it up on here but that would make for a ridiculously long blog post)

Now that you've read Nehemiah 9, I want to remind you that this was before the covenant made with Jesus's blood. This was before our sins were forgiven and we were redeemed in the eyes of the Father. How much more will He have grace with us, after Jesus's blood has taken away our every sin! Meditate on that a little today, and let God blow your mind a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment