Friday, April 26, 2013

Worth the Time

When I sign in to my blogger account, it tells me how many views I have on any one post. I frequently check the number of views on my posts after I post them. It's how I measure my success, I guess you could say.

Yesterday night God told me to stop checking it. To stop checking how many views I have after posting a blog.

My response: "But, but, but then I won't know if people stop reading my blog! What if people stop reading my blog and I'm just wasting my time? How will I know if its worth my time?"

His response: "If I told you to do it, it's worth your time. Even if only ONE person ever reads your blog, it will be worth your time because I told you to do it. Your success is not measured by how many people read your blog but by how well you obey Me. You could have 10,000 followers but if you're not writing what I told you to, you've failed."

Wow. Makes total sense. It's worth my time. It kinda reminds me of Joshua and Jericho. Like seriously, who walks around a city to conquer it? Total waste of time, if you'd asked me. But that was how they were going to be able to conquer the city. They had to walk around the city. I'm sure it looked totally dumb and pointless at the time, but in the end it WAS worth their time because God told them to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Success is a measure of obedience. Love you, Faith!

    ReplyDelete