Sunday, April 14, 2013

Vulnerable part 2.

So about being vulnerable...

I think I might just maybe have the hang of it. Maybe. It does get easier, but then God calls me to reveal something that really makes me cringe, something I wouldn't want anyone to know.

The thing is, now, I want to point it out every time I'm vulnerable. I want to, at the beginning of every post that I have to be vulnerable in, to say something along the lines of "This post is very hard for me" or, "Being vulnerable again!" Because deep in my heart I want something out of this. If I'm gonna have to be vulnerable on the Internet for all my friends to see, I'm gonna make sure they KNOW that I'm being vulnerable and admire me for it. If I'm gonna do what God tells me, I'm gonna milk it for all it's worth.

The hard part comes again when God tells me to stop pointing it out every time. If I'm gonna be vulnerable, it has to be genuine, and there can't be any "Oh this is soooo hard for me!" He gets all the glory. Not me. Period.

Proverbs 16:2 says "All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by The Lord."
My heart isn't a secret to Him! He knows why I do what I do every time I do it, even if I don't. He doesn't stop at outward appearances that would say I'm so submitted to Him while I actually take the glory for myself. He doesn't stop there. He demands everything, motives and all. Because He's worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment