Monday, April 22, 2013

Take Nothing

Luke 9:1-6
"When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He told them, 'Take nothing for the journey - no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic. Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town. If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them.' So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the Gospel and healing people everywhere."

This verse really speaks to me because I am going to be a full-time missionary in a foreign country one day. But that's all I know. I don't know when or where or with what organization, or if I'm gonna be a church-supported independent missionary, or if I'll go to any college, or anything. I don't know at all. I'm just trusting God that when it comes to it, He'll tell me what to do.

This verse just comforts me in that if I get out of the Honor Academy Internship and God tells me to just go to a foreign country, with nothing but a call to go, He'll take care of me. I mean, the disciples didn't take ANY money or ANY food; not even extra clothes! I'm not saying that's what God's gonna tell me to do. He may give me a detailed plan. But as of this point I don't have a clue, so this scripture reminds me that He has it all figured out. I just have to trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment