Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Plans

I babysit every week, and the little boy I babysit, Brennan, likes to eat. A lot. I'll be babysitting him from 3:30 to 5:30/6ish, and he'll ask for a snack about 5 times in that period. At least 5 times. And it's funny, cause he'll try to tell me what he's gonna do instead of asking. He'll be like, "I'm just gonna eat this apple now." Or, "I'll eat this later while you're here." I laugh because he doesn't have the say in that! I do.

I wonder how often we look like that to God with all our plans. Instead of actually asking we try to tell Him how it's all gonna go. We tell Him that we're gonna do this and that, and He's laughing cause we don't have the say in that! Only He does.

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you don't even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this and that.'
James 4:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment