Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Expecting More

Summer 2012 was the best summer of my life thus far. Or to be more specific, my trip to Australia made summer 2012 the best summer of my life thus far. And it's been really hard to even convince myself to think that I may at some point have a better summer/trip/time than that. 

Like when I was preparing to go to Mexico this past December, God really had to work in me; had to teach me that I need to be expecting more. I honestly thought that my trip to Mexico would in no way compare to my Australia trip. But God told me I have to expect and ask for more, or that's what would happen: it would in no way compare to my the Australia trip. 

Of course the trips were completely and totally different, and I learned completely different things while there. But I had to expect more. And because I did, the trip was way better than I had imagined it would be. 

Now I'm facing a summer in which I won't be going on an overseas mission trip. I'll be at camp for most of summer, serving and being a bunk leader (counselor). And I'm also facing the same dilemma: I'm not expecting this summer to me anywhere as good as last summer. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to be a bunk leader. I've been waiting a long time to be old enough to be one; I just am not expecting it to be just as good or better than last year. And I need to be. 

Abba, help me expect more from you. I don't wanna put a box around the rings You can do and say that You can only go  this far. Exceed my expectations. Help my unbelief.

"Now all Glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might as or imagine." -Ephesians 3:20 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment