Sunday, March 10, 2013

You Alone, O Lord..

Psalm 4:8
"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord make me dwell in safety."

The thing that blows my mind about this scripture is this:
Lack of imminent danger is not what makes me dwell in safety. Lack of a plot against my life is not what makes me dwell in safety. Only God does that.

Sometimes I think we don't give God enough credit for His Grace and Mercy. Because when I'm not getting a revelation of how messed up I am, I tend to think that I'm pretty good. Then God gives me a revelation and I realize that if He wasn't so merciful I would definitely not be in a good place right now, to say the least.

He is so good that He looks past all of our dirtiness and protects us both from imminent danger and from our destructive sinful nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment