Monday, April 28, 2014

Not the answer I was expecting

I came to God today stressed out by the next two weeks I have coming up. I just sat and said, "God, I can't do this by myself. This is crazy. I need You." And it was instantaneously that God replied, "You asked to need Me. Here you go." I just smiled and laughed. He is so good!

For the past couple of weeks I have been writing blog posts about trials and how they make us need and want God more and how they're so great for us, and on top of that, I have been asking God to help me need Him more. A lot of the time I feel so complacent towards God and I feel like I don't really need Him. My life is usually slow-going. Usually, my struggle is not finding time to spend with God, it's finding the desire to. I hate it, but it's the truth. So the past couple weeks I've been asking God to give me a need for Him. Then He plops all this in my lap and I freak out! I can only laugh at my foolishness.

God's answers to prayer are not always what I think they will be! Sometimes, they stretch me. Sometimes, they make me want to cry (like today looking at my coming weeks). But they always draw me to God and bring Him glory. And that is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment