Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Condition of My Heart

God is primarily concerned with our hearts. God does have a lot to say about works, but usually it is because our works directly display the conditions of our hearts. At the beginning of the year, God told me to give half of my money after tithe to Him. (You can read about it here: http://asongofstruggle.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-many-times-have-i-come-across.html) I have loved doing this. It's given me so much freedom to give to so many people, and I love finding new opportunities to bless people. Yes, sometimes it hurts a little when I only see $9 of a $20 paycheck, but overall, it has been SO rewarding. But here's the catch: it has started to be a little routine. It's been four months, so I've just started thinking of a $20 paycheck as a $9 paycheck. It's stopped feeling like giving. Like I said, God is concerned with the condition of our hearts more than anything. He still wants my heart. He doesn't want it to be a routine.


A couple of weeks ago, God told me to give away my savings for a bicycle. I'm saving up for a bicycle so I have some form of transportation wile I'm at the Honor Academy, and my goal amount is about $100. I had gotten up to about $90, and God told me to give it away. I must admit I was hesitant. I mean, that $90 was only a small part of $200. (If I had $90 for myself, that means there was $90 that I gave and $20 that was tithe.) I mean, come on, God, I've already given $110. It's not like this is something I don't need. This is for my internship. But God is concerned with my heart. And if He can't trust me to give whenever He says, what does that say about the condition of my heart, regardless of what else I'm doing for Him? And you know what? I have not once regretted the decision to give away that $90. God knows what He's doing.


Jesus, help me to obey you. Help my heart be inclined to do what You want, regardless of what I think. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment