Monday, June 24, 2013

Till my eyes fail

I've been having a hard time with my quiet time lately. I don't get around to it every single day, and when I do it seems kinda dry. I read the Bible, pray a little, then I'm done. I don't feel the wonder and closeness I once did when reading the Bible. I'm not amazed by His Glory every time I read His Word. I've been struggling with this, trying to change but it hasn't.

Today I read Psalm 69:3-

"I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for God."

And my heart was just convicted. Am I really looking that hard for God? Am I searching so severely that my eyes fail me? Is my throat parched because I'm crying out to God so loudly, with so much desperation to see His face? The answer is no. I'm not. But Matthew 7:7-8 promises that he who seeks God will find Him. 

Abba, I'm sorry for not seeking You as passionately as I should be. I realize that it is a fault of my own that keeps me from fellowship with You. Give me a desire to seek Your Face above all.

No comments:

Post a Comment