Saturday, June 22, 2013

Imitators

This past week I was a bunkleader/counselor at a church camp called Harvest Christian Camp. This week was camp for Elementary aged kids. I had a bunk of 5 girls, and let me tell you, 1) they were AMAZING, 2) I learned a lot about sacrifice, 3) they think that I am the bomb. I'm not trying to brag on myself, or say that I'm awesome, but at that age, if you show them attention and love on them, they will adore you. 

I remember on the last night during praise and worship at service, two of my girls came over to where I was standing and told me that they were going to do what I did. So as the upbeat, fun praise songs played and I danced, the girls imitated me. They watched intently to make sure they didn't miss a thing that I did. 

Today in my Bible reading I read Galatians 5:1-2, which says,
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

So like children who have been dearly loved, we are to imitate Christ's every move, watching intently to make sure we don't miss a thing He would have us do. In John 5:19 it even says that Jesus imitates the Father and only does what He does: 

"Jesus gave them this answer, 'I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by Himself; He can only do what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.'"

Abba, give me the eyes to see what You are doing, and the courage and strength to imitate you completely, with no hesitation or thoughts for my own comfort. Help me to adore you as much and more as young children adore those who love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment