Sunday, February 2, 2014

You knew I was coming

I had a dream last night that I think deserves some consideration. In the dream, I was at my friend Keliann's house, and I had spent the night there. I woke up in the morning and was just hanging around, being lazy and doing whatever it is that we teenage girls do at sleepovers. I knew my dad was coming to pick me up at some point, but I didn't really know when. I was in their kitchen when my dad walked in the side door, ready to pick me up. I was unshowered, in my pajamas, by no means ready to leave and go out... wherever we were going. "Let's go," he said, and my response was "I'm not ready! I have to go change and put my contacts in and throw my hair up!" What he said next was what made the dream really remarkable. "You knew I was coming at some point. Why didn't you get ready?" I then proceeded to get ready and we left, but I remember waking from the dream and sitting up, and I immediately thought, "I wonder if that's how it will be when Jesus comes." I was hardly awake. I never really have any coherent thoughts just after waking up, so the fact that I immediately had a clear thought like that alerts my attention. God's trying to say something.


This post is not for the unsaved. Yes, if you're not saved, by all means, get to know Jesus. He's amazing beyond compare. But I want to speak to the Christians reading this. You're already saved, but are you ready? When He comes, will He find you in your spiritual pajamas, not having ever bothered to clean yourself up? Sure, you're saved, but are you prepared for eternity? You know He's coming at some point, so why aren't you getting ready?


The world is getting darker, friends. It's time to seek Him like never before.
People, get ready. The King is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment