Saturday, February 1, 2014

A speck of dust

I had a revelation of God's goodness while listening to some worship the other day. It absolutely blew my mind. I think (but I'm not sure) that I was listening to Your Glory by All Sons & Daughters. It came out of nowhere: "Even if you were to combine all the darkness in the whole world; condense it all, all the rape and violence and murders and shootings and immorality and hate and anger and evil and hopelessness; all of it, past, present, and future, and compared it to God's goodness, it would be as if you were comparing a speck of dust to a sun a million times bigger than ours." Everything, all the evil, in the world, all the hurt, everything, cannot even compare to Him. He is so much bigger. He is greater than anything we face. He is the constant Rock, the one who holds us all together. He has not forgotten us. He is patient, waiting for the time when He will make His Glory evident to all.


Romans 8:18
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

No comments:

Post a Comment