Monday, October 21, 2013

Amazed.

I just wanna give God some props for being absolutely amazing. He is so good. I think back over the past couple of years, and He has grown me so much. I remember how, not so long ago, the only great times I had in His presence were strictly at camp or Acquire the Fire or on a missions trip. I had such spiritual highs there, and in those places I would have amazing worship experiences; it was there that I felt closest to Him. 

How much has changed! After struggling for so long to keep up my quiet times, I now find them to be the best times I have with God. Sometimes, to my amazement and God's glory, I even find myself in a public worship experience (church, youth, etc.), and I actually desire to be alone with Him! I actually stand there at church or whatever and anticipate greatly the chance to be alone with Him, privately. I've shed tears with Him, been greatly moved by His presence while being alone with Him. 

If you had told me two years ago that I would be learning new things from God on my own, without a pastor preaching it, I wouldn't have believed you. But I find myself being molded and changed and taught and grown under His gentle guidance, with nothing but a guitar for worship, a Bible for reading, and a notebook to catch every word that comes from the mouth of the Father.

All to His glory. None of this is me. God knows, I still struggle to get alone with Him even after so much growth. I am utterly faithless but His faithfulness exceeds everything ever. He is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment