Monday, August 26, 2013

In view of eternity

I've played violin for almost 6 years now, so I've gotten to playing music that is very hard and complicated such as Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, etc. When I'm learning a new song, most of the time, several times throughout the song, there's a group of notes or a transition from one set of notes to another that I don't understand at all. It's not that I can't read the notes; I know what they say perfectly well. It's that I can't understand how the song is supposed to sound. A lot of times that group of notes or transition sounds terrible. When I'm struggling to get through the song while practicing, I get to the note and I don't want to play it because it doesn't sound right to me.

But when, eventually (usually not for some months later), I get to the point where I've finally learned the whole song and can play it through pretty well. It's then, when I can hear the whole song played together, that I understand that group of notes or transition. On its own, it made no sense to me. But in view of the whole song, it makes for a part of the song that is unique and really actually sets apart the okay composers from the great composers. 

I think in life we come across situations and changes that we don't understand in the same way. It makes no sense at all why someone in our family has to die, or go through a sickness, or be separated from family or whatever the situation is. As long as we're looking at the situation just in contrast to the season of life that were in right now, it won't make sense. But one day, we're going to see everything. We're going to see how God planned everything to fit His perfect will and used situations that seemed to be completely pointless to bring Him glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment