Monday, April 27, 2015

Abstract art & complete trust


Tuesday night there was an enormous thunderstorm at about 3 in the morning, and the thunder and downpour of rain shook the whole house. Exodus 19:16-19 gives a picture of the glory of the Lord on the mountain and His infinite holiness and how the people trembled at the display of it all. I'm reminded that He is the same God today as He was then. I'm amazed at what Jesus's blood really did. In Exodus 19:10-13, it says how no one could even touch the mountain that the Lord had descended upon or they would have to die, and no one could even touch that person. In Chapter 20 verse 19, the people beg Moses to tell God not to speak to them, for hearing His voice would kill them.  We serve the same God today as they did then, but the cross enables us the hear His voice. How incredible is that? 2 Corinthians 3:12-13, 16 says, "Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away …whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away."

I think we often forget who we serve. Can the clay ask the potter what He's doing? We are often frustrated by what God chooses what to do, such as heal people or do wonders, but we would do well to remember Who God is. We are but clay in His hands. We have no right to ask what He's doing. He is good, and He is worthy of our trust.

I am the clay, and He is the Potter. I don't always understand what He's forming my life to be, but He can make my life into abstract life if He wants to as long as He's the one shaping it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How mature in the Lord Jesus you are. As your grandpa I’m so tempted to say how proud I am of you, but I’m immediately cautioned by the Holy Spirit that “Pride” in any form is an evil from the pit of hell. So I seek direction from the Holy Spirit for the appropriate emotion and He gives me “Humility.” Yes, that’s it! I am humbled by your love for Christ and His “Love” in you for those you minister to and with. You are truly a branch of the divine vine.

    ReplyDelete