Tuesday, August 19, 2014

God is not delusional.

God is not delusional. Quite the revelation, right? But really, why am I telling you this? Well, I was driving alone in the car yesterday and worshipping very loudly (I'm sure I was quite a sight to behold) when I had this revelation. Now obviously I didn't consciously think that God is delusional, but I realized that when I consider that fact that we are blameless before God, I considered it like He's somehow seeing us wrong. Like, "Isn't it so great how God sees us as sinless when really we're all disgustingly drenched in it?" 

But I realize that we don't wear a mask before Him. He isn't seeing a false representation of who we are, He's seeing the real thing. I think this belief that God isn't seeing the real me actually causes me to shy away from Him in guilt and shame because if I believe He's seeing something false, I become fearful that He'll see the real me. But I can rejoice! Because it is I, not He, who sees a false representation. I have been made blameless by Jesus's death on the cross. God is not delusional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment